Assembly vs Production Order
Deciding whether to implement your production using Assembly Orders or Production Orders is a key aspect of any implementation. With our many years of experience implementing Manufacturing, Probitas is in a strong position to help you make the correct decision.
Key aspects to consider are:
- The available Shop Floor paperwork is focused on Production Orders
- Job Card
- Material Requisition
- Component Shortage
- A detailed costing breakdown of the parent Item – the Detail Calculation report is only available with Production Orders
- Both functions are processed by MRP at parent and child level.
- Both show component shortages, but in completely different formats.
- Recording actual consumption of materials and labour is only available on Production Orders.